Thursday, August 27, 2009

It's much cooler this morning

355 days
286.5 pounds

Thursday is "bacon-egg-and-swiss, bacon really well done with salt and pepper" breakfast day! And it still was (delicious...eaten slowly and enjoyably) in spite of the apparent (from the scale)gain of three full pounds in a single day after a similar loss the day before. And I really hardly ate much at all yesterday.

Robin, naturally, wants to lay the blame on the baked beans because of all the sugar. Really it's because she hates them. But I ate two portions, which (though I'm not officially a calorie counter) was 320 calories. For me, that's a pretty light dinner. Various estimates I've found on line put this morning's breakfast anywhere between 380 and nearly 650 calories. Personally, I think that's a great relief. I would have figured closer to 1,200!

But maybe just not light enough.
Clearly, there's a lot more to this weight loss than meets the eye. One way or another, I am determined to get that number down into the 270's soon, but looking at the past week, the numbers have fluctuated pretty wildly and seem to hover around this one.

Lunch today was a nice watermelon yogurt with Cool Whip and some orange melon.

After lunch, we went over to Costco to renew our membership, get my eyes examined and buy some stuff. As usual, we hit the "Costco Food Court," which is really not a food court at all, but an area of Costco where they are allowing customer to sample food they're selling. There was yogurt, Nutella, sausage pasta, eight-grain toast, cheese. It was a mini-feast. Probably a bad idea, though.

For dinner, I made myself one of those wonderful black bean burgers. We also had corn and I had a few pieces of chicken from one of those roasters we buy at Costco. After that, we gorged on watermelon while our friend Arnie told us about his mom having a stroke. After some paperwork, I came down here to finish this and I'm heading off to bed shortly.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment