Friday, August 28, 2009

The Tortoise and the Clichés

354 days
286 pounds

"Slow and steady wins the race." I used to read that line to my kids in an Aesop fable. I'm okay with it. Progress is all that I really care about. It's too easy to get fooled into thinking you're making incredible progress when you're really not. There are going to be entire weeks where no weight is lost. When the going gets tough...

Alex told me it takes two weeks to form a habit. The exercise habit is becoming comfortable. I no longer feel like I have to force myself to do it. When I awake, it is the thing I must do first. It feels like a productive use of that time.

Breakfast today was oatmeal, and some honeydew melon.

Lunch...not sure what lunch will be. Might have to recall it and dinner in tomorrow's post because we're leaving for Pennsylvania around 1pm to beat the weekend traffic for a meeting in the Poconos at 7pm. Dinner will be at a restaurant there.

No comments:

Post a Comment