Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve 2009

237 days
274.0 pounds
___________________________________________________________
Objectives
  • Week's End: 267.5 (pounds left: 6.5)
  • Year's End: 193.5 (pounds left: 82.5)
___________________________________________________________
Blow up!
I know exactly how this happened. At one point, the scale even said 276.0! But after several weighings, the bad news was solid at 274. And today will not be an easy out.

Breakfast
First of all...there were no exercises today. If I get motivated, they may happen mid-day. Breakfast was the usual Thursday, plus a corn muffin—poison, I realize—but I had to get it out of my system, and see if I remembered whether the feeling of eating it was worth the 400 or so calories that went along with it. The answer is a sharp no.

Here's where it starts to go fuzzy
The small bit of good news, relative to the objective of this exercise, is that I did get motivated and I did work out in the afternoon. I got done a little after four in the afternoon (done, as in showered and dressed) and Robin and I got to Hicksville about 10 minutes late to get Jaime, Alex and Dean in the car for the trek to Old Field for Christmas Eve.

Once there, the food was all over the place. I can barely reconstruct, but I'll give it a shot, along with the two fairly good-size glasses of tequila I consumed that evening. At one point, there was a Johnnie Walker Blue waiting for me, but I had to pass.

I ate some peanut M&Ms, of course, but Jaime kept a pretty good eye on my consumption. I had asparagus wrapped in prosciutto. I would guess that I had three or four of those. I also had a bunch of those macaroni-and-cheese things, crab cakes, shrimp and steak (little pieces with some orange-colored sauce on them). I don't really remember much more of that stuff. I had two brownies (small squares, big on calories!), a piece of something called "death by chocolate" that I ate way too fast to notice and a handful of wonderful oatmeal chocolate-chip cookies.

All in all, a short trip to hell in a hatbasket, but a splendid time was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment