275.5 pounds
___________________________________________________________
Objectives
- Week's End: 273.5 (pounds left: 2.0)
- Year's End: 193.5 (pounds left: 81.0)
- Ultimate goal: 175.0 (pounds left: 100.5)
- Average weight for the week: 277.0
___________________________________________________________
Down, I pray thee!
For some inexplicable reason, three successive weighings brought me down two-and-a-half pounds, a dieter's gift from "The Big Guy" in anticipation of how much I will eat and drink tonight at the black tie event.
I did a little bit of stretching, like yesterday, but instead of a real workout, I spent two hours working in the garden, like I did yesterday. I finished my little conversion project, which was basically to change the shape of a bed and a footpath and replant whatever had to be dug up in the process. It was really physical. The first day, I had to stop at one point because I could feel my heart pounding.
The net for the week (277) means a net loss for the week of 1.8 pounds which is a good step in the right direction, though I set myself up for very bad results next week (as you'll read below).
Breakfast
Pancakes, coffee, meds and vites.
Lunch
A hot dog on the way home. I also had a NYC pretzel while driving around waiting for Robin. It was hot, but not hot enough.
Dinner
Four double shots of 1800 Anejo. The rest is a bit of a blur, but I will to try reconstruct as it will likely make tomorrow morning's number that much more logical.
The cocktail hour was only around 35 minutes for us because we arrived a bit late. The room was like an exhibit hall. Starting to the left, there was a carving station. I had grilled asparagus, peppers and some sort of steak (London broil?). The next station was "Asian." I had a chicken on a stick and some triangular-shaped thing I can't recall the name of. Next were two stations I skipped. Don't recall what was there. Then came the "Sliders" bar. I didn't have one. But I tried a "macaroni and cheese." That's in quotes because in a Kosher facility, the cheese had to be some kind of substitute. I quickly put that down and kept moving.
The next station was the bar, where I got my first and second shots. There were two stations past the bar that I skipped. Don't remember. Then came sushi. I had the one and only remaining spicy tuna. Some clown to my right kept trying to tell my brother-in-law that he was putting eel sauce on tuna. I don't recall exactly what I said, but it was surely something like "What's it to you? It's good on everything." This comes on the same day I let some crazed woman in a giant Toyota have it in the city. Lenny was on the phone and thought it was pretty funny. "That's so New York," he said,
Anyway, the next station was some sort of exotic ravioli bar. They deep fried them. I tried one and left it over.
And, as they say in Hollywood, there's more! There were people walking around with trays of things to eat. I had a few. Don't remember much. One was a cracker with a piece of salmon and caviar on top. There were various types of meat on sticks. And in the middle of the room was a round table with "all the other stuff," like fruit, vegetables, dips, fish, deviled eggs and the like that one expects at a Bat Mitzvah.
Mercifully, I got involved in a moderately deep political discourse with my wife's cousin, which lowered my food interest level sufficiently to survive the night without going completely nuts. And that discourse continued in the main dining room as we sat next to each other and checked our web browsers frequently for the result of the big vote in Congress.
I usually don't go on about food like this, but I have to admit, much as a I can't stand these types of affairs, that the food was about the best I've ever had and the service was a match for that. There was a wonderful salad to start. There was sorbet between courses. I had an apple one that was very nice. I had a wonderful "Victorian" fish, which I thought meant it had been dead for hundreds of years (that was on TQ #4 or so) it was served over two pieces of asparagus. It may have been the best fish I ever ate.
Dessert (or so i thought) was when they served coffee and put some round chocolate concoction on each plate—every other one was different, to encourage sharing perhaps—but then a strange thing happened. People began to pop up all over the place assaulting you with desserts. Most of it was candy and crap like that, but brand named. One guy had a trayful of black-and-whites, another with donuts, another with ice cream, another with candy bars... After a few minutes, I totally lost track, but the only thing I recall actually taking was a Chunky bar, and the funny thing was that I looked over at Robin, and she had the exact same thing in her hand. She extended her other hand to me and said, "Give it me; we'll eat them later."
We didn't. We came home, walked the dog, got undressed and passed out.
No comments:
Post a Comment