Saturday, October 17, 2009

Another cold morning, with much rain to come

304 days
280.5 pounds
___________________________________________________________
Objectives
  • Week's End: 283.0 (pounds left: -2.5)
  • Year's End: 193.5 (pounds left: 87.0)
___________________________________________________________
Why so much focus on the weather?
It just occurred to me that most of these posts seem to begin with a weather-based headline, yet the subject is losing 100 pounds in a year. I guess the answer is that I'm so set in my basic plan that the weather seems to be the only thing that changes. Oh well...

I turned the alarms off before going to sleep last night so I could sleep in just a bit this morning. I had just watched the Yankees take the ALCS opener from the Angels and was flipping through channels until past midnight and tomorrow (that is, today) being Saturday, I decided it would be cruel to wake Robin up so early.

So I got started late on my exercises. It's 9:00am as I write this, which I usually do just before my work on the machines and my run down the block. That means that this morning's weigh-in won't be until nearly 10:00am...

...and in spite of the relentless snacking yesterday, I managed to lose another half pound.

Breakfast
A whole Ezekiel muffin with almond butter on one side and Nutella on the other. Don't want to lose too much too fast ;^)

Lunch
A bowl of Michelle's soup and a coconut-pineapple yogurt with Cool Whip.

Dinner
An evening of fun and frolic at The Jolly Fisherman in Old Roslyn with my wife, my in-laws, my brother- and sister-in-law, two of my daughters and one of their boyfriends. I had a bunch of nuts, cheese and crackers at the bar, then a dirty martini, a salad and a wonderful broiled scallops dish with artichokes, tomatoes and capers. For dessert, we all shared a piece of chocolate mousse pie and I also had a taste of their famous banana cream pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment