Friday, October 9, 2009

Of bread and water

312 days
279.5 pounds
___________________________________________________________
Objectives
  • Week's End: 278.0 (pounds left: 1.5)
  • Year's End: 193.5 (pounds left: 86.0)
___________________________________________________________
At least I got my last-second wish
Three straight days of positive progress and I couldn't sustain it. I knew it. The bread was my undoing; the water probably kept it from being even worse. As I stepped on the scale, after doing my entire workout, after running the block for the fifth day, after cleaning up another section of the yard, I whispered to myself, "Please don't let it go back over 280!" Wish granted, by the skin of my teeth.

Breakfast
The Friday standard, oatmeal with cinnamon and honey. Gjuice to wash down the vitamins and pills. Coffee to accompany me down to work.

Late morning snack
Sliced up a canteloupe and had some. Mmmmm.

Lunch
A sardine sandwich, with red onion and artichoke. Followed by a yogurt with Cool Whip. Two large glasses of water were consumed and a Z-cracker, smeared with vegetable cream cheese, was the take-away.

Dinner
One close friend is in from Florida, and another came out from the city so the three of us could go out to Major's Steakhouse to get toasted and watch the Yankees play the Twins in Game 2 of the ALDS.

Drinks: I started with a dirty Martini with three olives. Wonderful. I followed that up with three double-shots of Corzo Tequila. I certainly did get toasted. That would have been bad enough.

Food: While drinking, I ate an entire basket of crispy potato chips. For an appetizer, we shared a bunch of meatball sliders, the current hot item in bars and restaurants that is really nothing more than a White Castle dressed up and overcharged. For dinner, I had a swiss cheeseburger (no bacon) with lettuce, tomato and a slice of red onion. There were French fries; I shared them with Gary, who had eaten just before coming out and didn't feel much like having a real meal. Just beer, and, of course, trying to pick up women. Being the one married guy out with his two confirmed bachelor friends, I was entertained mostly by the ball game.

No comments:

Post a Comment