Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The expanded regime continues

315 days
280.5 pounds
___________________________________________________________
Objectives
  • Week's End: 278.0 (pounds left: 2.5)
  • Year's End: 193.5 (pounds left: 87.0)
___________________________________________________________
Yesterday worked
Yesterday was hard, but what it lacked in ease and fun was more than made up for in productivity. I got a lot accomplished yesterday. This morning, I did the whole thing again, and it was great. The run down the block wasn't as daunting, and I suspect that if I keep it up, it will get easier and easier. I'm still way out of breath when I get to the end, but by the time I walk back, I feel great.

Breakfast
A small slice of leftover baguette (from Sunday night's dinner) with vegetable cream cheese, coffee and a key lime yogurt with Cool Whip. A glass of Gjuice to wash down the pills and vitamins and a cup of coffee to start work.

Lunch
Today, it was an odd combination. I had to go to a memorial service and timing was too tight to eat at my regular time. I came back home to change my clothes and walk the dog and then head over to my friend's home where the crowds were gathering post-service.

Before I left, to dampen my appetite a bit, I had a small salad. When I got there, I had a few cups of coffee, a small plate of fruit (watermelon, canteloupe, honeydew, pineapple—my summer saviours), one chocolate ruggie, two mini-black-and-white cookies, a half of a roast beef sandwich and a half of a too-hard chocolate chip cookie. Yes, sports fans, I actually threw half a cookie in the trash.

If I don't have another thing to eat all day, there's still a remote chance I might not gain any weight today. But temptation is everywhere. My friend Gary is on his way into town from Florida and I'll be meeting up with him at Christiano's in a little bit. I'll try not to eat or drink anything over there, because it it wasn't enough of a temptation, I still have to go back to the other house with my wife when she comes home from work and she's going to be hungry. I'll have all I can do not to stuff my face. We'll see how it turns out.

Dinner
Christiano's turned out well. When I got there, it was a beautiful fall afternoon, blinding sun, light breeze and Gary and his buddies were hanging out in the outdoor café part of the place. So we stood outside and talked for nearly an hour. They kept offering me a beer or some pizza but I politely declined.

Back at my other friend's house, however, things didn't go nearly as well. Not terrible, but I just couldn't not eat anything. I started with a half of a corned beef sandwich. I left the bread over and used no condiment, just eating the meat, slice by slice. I also had a bowl of fruit and some water. Later, before going home, I grabbed a half of a turkey sandwich, with a little dressing of undetermined composition. This time, I ate the bread. After that, I had a ruggie, a bite of a cannoli, which got tossed, and another mini-black-and-white.

So, I didn't exactly stuff myself, but I'm reasonably sure I undid whatever good I did the day before and all day up to that point. As always, time will tell, but I'd sure like to end this week under 280 and stay there for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment