Monday, October 5, 2009

Cool Monday

316 days
281.5 pounds
___________________________________________________________
Objectives
  • Week's End: 278.0 (pounds left: 3.5)
  • Year's End: 193.5 (pounds left: 88.0)
___________________________________________________________
Rearranged and expanded routine
As I've been working my way back to something resembling physical fitness, it's been my goal all along to eventually move some of this exercise out into "the great outdoors," but to do so within the constraints of sensible time management. After all, I don't want to be oversleeping, working out until 9:30am, showering and dry by 10:00am and working by 10:30am. I want to be at my desk E-A-R-L-Y, worked out, dry, fed and happy.

So before I went to bed last night, I juggled the schedule a little and found that if I got up at 6:15am instead of 6:30am, I could somehow get all that accomplished. As I write this, I'm dripping with sweat at my desk, but I've just finished 30 minutes on the treadmill, which was preceeded by some gardening (raking), a run outside, a walk outside, my 100 crunches, my calisthenics and my stretching. As soon as the sweating stops, or subsides enough, I'll hit the shower, get dry, get weighed and have my half Ezekiel muffin breakfast and get to work...

Breakfast
...and that's exactly what I did, plus the half glass of Gjuice with my medicine and vitamins.

When I first stepped on the scale this morning, it said 278.5. A second later, it changed to 280. I got off the scale and back on and then it started going up and down and all over the place, so I settled on the 281.5 because going from 282.5 to 278.5 just seems like too unlikely a swing and it seemed like the average number I got. Maybe yesterday's weight was wrong; maybe today's is too. This is a long haul. In a few months, 278 should be a speck in the rear-view mirror.

Snack
A wonderful Mcintosh apple at 10:10am or so.

Lunch
A peach yogurt with Cool Whip. A handful of kalamata olives.

Dinner
Three pieces of Z Crackers with vegetable cream cheese as an appetizer. A fabulous salad. Two and a half crab cakes (I ate the remaining half of Robin's second one), with some tartar sauce. An ear of corn with a very small amount of butter and Tabasco sauce.

And tons of water all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment