Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thursday is a wonderful morning

313 days
278.0 pounds
___________________________________________________________
Objectives
  • Week's End: 278.0 (pounds left: 0.0)
  • Year's End: 193.5 (pounds left: 84.5)
___________________________________________________________
Exercise may be becoming an addiction
This morning's run down the block was almost fun. The hardest part is always waking up and getting started, but I love having it done before the day really begins.

Breakfast
Why do I love Thursday? Bacon-egg-swiss-salt-and-pepper on a roll. I love it. This morning, I also had a slice of that baguette that's lingering in the kitchen. I toasted it and had it with my coffee with a tiny bit of butter.

Lunch
Today's repast began by taking a leftover piece of baked salmon and rolling it inside a thin slice of Jarlsberg lite. This was then shared with my faithful companion, Oliver, who would have drooled all over my toes if I didn't. He's really not supposed to have cheese anymore, but his is a face that is hard to resist.

The rest of the meal was a construction project, assembling a vast array of little things to eat using the remaining six inches of baguette as a substrate. The baguette was cut in half and then each of the two pieces were sliced open and toasted. Here's how they were used:

The first piece was used to push salad around in a bowl and soak up the remaining dressing and small pieces of salad. The second piece was used to do the same with some reheated leftover brisket (I think that stuff is nearly three weeks old, but it's still quite tasty). The third and fourth pieces were smeared with a little almond butter and consumed slowly and deliberately while I attended to some obnoxious paperwork.

I then grabbed a nice tall glass of water and headed back down to work.

Dinner
I started with the final remains of that great salad from the other night. Robin brought in some things from Fairway. For me, a piece of chicken Française. For her, two pieces of broiled chicken (I ended up eating one of them). For both of us, crispy, deep-fried potato pancakes (one apiece) and some pureed sweet potato thing with other vegetables in it.

On balance
Lots of water was consumed today; nearly two pitchers full. But lots of bread was also consumed and that will probably send the dial pointing the other way tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment