Thursday, October 15, 2009

The rains arrive, just in time for baseball

306 days
281.0 pounds
___________________________________________________________
Objectives
  • Week's End: 283.0 (pounds left: -2.0)
  • Year's End: 193.5 (pounds left: 87.5)
___________________________________________________________
Not one but two storms are coming
And not just storms, but Nor'easters. At least one of the Yankee playoff games will likely be rained out, sort of like my hope of getting below 280 this week. Was it the garlic bread? The spaghetti? The meatballs? The grated cheese all over those and my salad? Either way, somehow, in spite of the hard work, that half pound came back this morning. There's still time, but it's still a battle.

Breakfast
Thursday morning standard...bacon-egg-swiss-salt-and-pepper. A couple of pieces of Z-crackers with almond butter and some Gjuice with the pills.

Lunch
Salad, and a few Z-crackers with melted cheese.

Dinner
On her way home, Robin called to ask what I thought about going out for Chinese, or bringing some in, with two of our friends. But by the time she had finished sitting in nearly an hour of traffic, she was pissy and cranky and didn't want to go anywhere. "What do you want to eat?" she asked. "I don't know...I thought we were having Chinese so I sort of oriented myself in that direction," I replied.

So for about a half hour, we hemmed and hawed and while I waited for her to decide what she wanted, I munched. Watermelon. Honeydew. Z-crackers with cheese. Z-crackers with almond butter. An apple. A sliver of leftover pear pie (it's still there). I probably had enough to eat right there.

Now she was finally getting hungry. "What do you want to eat?" came again. I stood my ground. So she acquiesced and said, "Okay...call them up and see if they still want to go." I called and they were gone. I called one of their cell numbers and they had just sat down in a pretty fancy place nearby that was having 50% off dinner. We jumped and ran.

I had a scallop and gorgonzola risoto. It was fabulous. For dessert, we shared a chocolate cake with a scoop of raspberry sorbet.

No comments:

Post a Comment