Thursday, February 11, 2010

Digging out substitutes for working out

188 days
275.0 pounds
___________________________________________________________
Objectives
  • Week's End: 275.0 (pounds left: 0.0)
  • Year's End: 193.5 (pounds left: 81.5)
  • Ultimate goal: 175.0 (pounds left: 100.0)
___________________________________________________________
Snow workout was heavier today
Yesterday, during the blizzard, I went out and shoveled the walk and the driveway to the street three times. This morning, when it was finally all over, I did it again, but this time, I also had to dig out Robin's car and get it into the street. We had been plowed overnight, at last, so the last five horizontal feet to the street was a pretty good workout.

At least, when I came in, I was drenched more than if I had worked out. I have a great shovel, meant by its shape to alleviate potential stress to the human back. When I went out, the human back on me was aching lower right a bit. But even though I could feel it, I worked through it and after a shower, I felt great.

And another two pounds off felt great too. It's nice to be in this exact moment, but I'd like to mark it as the moment I stopped going back over this weight. If I can stay at 275 until Monday morning, or somehow do even better, I will be very pleased.

Breakfast
Before I even finished shoveling this morning (I broke it into two sessions), I came in and had coffee and a slice of peasant bread toasted with butter and blackberry preserves. So my weight this morning was also after eating, which is different than usual.

After my shower and weigh-in, I went back to the kitchen and had a little sample box of Multi-Grain Cheerios with Almond Milk and a little flax. More coffee, Gjuice, meds and vites.

10:30am
Went up and had a peach yogurt with Cool Whip after doing some laundry, and parts of my two new "projects," the sheets and the upstairs. Brought down the Big water and went back to work.

Lunch
Today's lunch was a salad and a slice of baguette. Big water.

2:00pm
A banana and a little bag of trail mix I found while cleaning up upstairs. And a slice of peasant bread with almond butter and Nutella. Big water.

4:00pm
Big water with a toasted slice of Ezekiel smeared with strawberry preserves and yet another piece of peasant bread (they're only 70 calories each) with a few slices of Lamb Chopper cheese.

Dinner
We had salad (that I made earlier) and chicken, penne and vegetables from Trader Joe's. Big Diet Iced Green Tea.

Much later...
After working for two hours, I came up and found that between the now stale ends of the seven-layer cake we got for my birthday last Friday, there was still moist, delicious chocolate. So with some SleepyTime tea with honey, I ate it. Bad me.

No comments:

Post a Comment