278.5 pounds
___________________________________________________________
Objectives
- Week's End: 278.0 (pounds left: 0.5)
- Year's End: 193.5 (pounds left: 85.0)
___________________________________________________________
Did I mention lower right back pain?
Almost since this expedition began, I've woken up each morning with pain in my back, lower right, above my hip. By the time I'm done on the machines, it usually goes away. It's mostly a function of age and partially of our bed.
The age part is easy: millions of people suffer from osteoarthritis and one of the places it hits most commonly is the lower back. The older you get, the easier it is to get very stiff from lying down. As a result, I try not to lie down so much any more. If I'm not intending to go to sleep, I'll keep moving, or go to my desk and do some work.
We have a nice solid box bed; I designed it myself and had it built thirty-plus years ago. But it may be getting time to consider putting a new mattress in the box. Of course today, buying a mattress is like spending your life savings, so it's not likely to happen any time soon.
The first time I usually notice the pain each morning is in my stretches. After the stretches I do in my bed, lying down and sitting up, I stand up and get on my toes and attempt to touch the ceiling. I'm six feet tall so this has never really been a problem for me, but when I began doing these stretches again back in August, I couldn't touch the ceiling with both hands at the same time without pain in my lower back.
The reason I mention it at all is that this morning, I didn't have any pain there. In fact, I was even able to touch my toes without pain after that (that's what I do right after stretching to the ceiling). So—with all that and the pound-and-a-half lost overnight—it's all good, as they say.
Breakfast
Tuesday...yogurt (canteloupe-flavored) with Cool Whip.
Lunch
I ate half my lunch today inside Fairway while I shopped for a handful of items Robin forgot to get on Sunday. Using a few slices of baguette that Fairway always has on hand for tasting their various oils and vinegars, I hit the cheese samples for Comte, aged Gouda, Parmesan chunk and a few others whose names I forget. They were all delicious, especially the aged Gouda.
When I got home, I threw a veggie Italian Sausage on the grill. When it was crisp enough to break in half, I put it on an onion roll with some artichoke to cradle it. I added one large habanera-stuffed olive and one green olive and a large glass of water and that was lunch.
Snack
Around 3:30pm, I went up to take Oliver out for a pee. When I came back in, I remembered that there were still three melons to be cut up. It's getting to be the time of the season when melons start going bad really fast, so it's cut 'em and eat 'em time. One was a quarter section of a watermelon, one was a canteloupe and one was a honeydew. Of the three, the honeydew was the closest to ready to go. After a few hours in the 'fridge, it'll be great tonight when I get back from shooting pool (if I go).
When I was done cutting and tasting, I caved in and cut myself a slice of the remaining mousse cake and put some Cool Whip on top. Robin took the container of what was left to work with her.
Dinner
Tonight is Boys' Night Out. I had two slices of pizza—one was spinach and olives, the other was eggplant—and a bottle of Fuze Green Tea. Nothing special.
Came home, had some honeydew melon and went down to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment