Saturday, September 26, 2009

Cool, clear and crisp Saturday morning

325 days
277.5 pounds
___________________________________________________________
Objectives
  • Week's End: 278.0 (pounds left: -0.5)
  • Year's End: 193.5 (pounds left: 84.0)
___________________________________________________________
I slept in a bit
But not actually too much. Around 7:30am I started my stretches. I took Oliver out for his constitutional. It was beautiful out. Cool, clear and crisp. A gorgeous fall morning. Then I headed inside for mine.

Shortly after that, I was sent to Bagel Boss to get breakfast for everyone. So that came before the rest of my routine. At Bagel Boss, I tasted a small sample of something, which sort of violates the weigh-in rule (weigh before eating), but it was tiny.

Breakfast
This morning it was a blueberry bagel with butter and orange marmelade, a croissant with a little soft French cheese and a tiny taste of Nutella, for the sake of the habit (and by way of small celebration of this morning's weigh-in).

Lunch
Orange mango yogurt with Cool Whip and a few pieces of melon. Then I finished the honeydew melon, which was outstanding.

Dinner
Here's where things got a bit out of hand. Since Robin got a slew of visitors, including her mom, dad, our daughters (with only one significant other), my sister Jane, Keith and Pam. Naturally, there were hors d'oeuvres (or as we Americans like say, "or dervs"). Keith and Pam brought their Z crackers and a large slab of Stilton cheese. I had quite a few of those. Jaime, at one point, put out some really tasty salty chips, and there was lots of fruit.

We consumed all this stuff while watching the Yankees-Red Sox game, which started at 4:00pm and went on until after 7:15pm or so. There was lots of lively conversation and everyone had a lot of fun, I think.

Then Robin sent me out for Zorn's. Keith came with me. We got one and a half rotisserie chickens, one and a half orders of "thumb bits," which is basically fried chicken cut into little pieces, and a bunch of side orders including creamed spinach, broccoli, macaroni and cheese, garlic mashed potatoes and gravy, and cranberry Jell-O mold.

So...there was a lot of stuff to eat. And if that wasn't enough, Keith and I made an on-the-spot decision to add two items to the list: a chocolate pudding and a vanilla pudding. I believe each was considered an individual order, but we all shared them.

Snack?
Much later, before finally heading to bed, I came into the kitchen to clean up the remains of the mess. Before coming to bed, I grabbed a slice of Challah (I can't wait for these holidays to be over) and smeared some almond butter on it, folded it and munched it down. My daughters had gone out and bought Ralph's ices, including one for me, but I wasn't in the mood, so I snacked on that instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment