Thursday, September 3, 2009

Stasis, the most unusual result yet

348 days
285 pounds
___________________________________________________________
Objectives
  • Week's End: 282.5 (pounds left: 2.5)
  • Year's End: 193.5 (pounds left: 91.5)
___________________________________________________________
I first stepped on the scale this fine Thursday morning at the wrong time. The number was two pounds higher. I wasn't surprised at all, especially after learning the truth about my former friend, the foot-long Veggie Pattie.

Breakfast
After the usual morning routine, which began very late because Robin had a major gall bladder attack at 2am, the number was much better. It didn't go down, but I got away with my last Veggie Pattie. Next week, that sucker becomes the Veggie Delite.

That, however, did not deter me on my quest for the Thursday morning special. I loved it more than ever. I'm still putting it down for the 600 or so calories it could be, but that's a fraction of the big vegetable experience so even though I'm not officially counting calories, I am counting relatives. And relatively speaking, Thursday breakfast is a lesser evil than Wednesday lunch (he rationalized to himself).

Lunch
Key lime yogurt with Cool Whip. A small bowl of cut-up canteloupe. Delicious. Back to work.

Dinner
Dinner was unusual. Robin, because of this whole gall bladder business, can't have this or that or whatever the doctors told her, so she wanted a crepe with jam. So it was a crepe with apricot jam for her and three big pancakes and three silver dollars for me, all consumed, for he very first time in my life, without butter.

I make such good pancakes that it occurs to me that "without butter" is a very "glass-half-empty" approach to pancakes. Instead, I'm going to say that for the very first time, I had them with syrup alone. And they were great...and I will eat them here, or there...I will eat them anywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment