Friday, September 25, 2009

An unusual day

326 days
???.? pounds
___________________________________________________________
Objectives
  • Week's End: 278.0 (pounds left: ?.?)
  • Year's End: 193.5 (pounds left: ?.?)
___________________________________________________________
Everything today was deferred...
...because I took my wife for gallbladder surgery at 5:30am. So there was no morning exercise, no morning breakfast and no morning weigh in.

I did, however, manage to consumer a croissant and a black-and-white cookie at the hospital.

But later on, we did get home
And when we did, I did get in my exercise and worked up a pretty solid sweat. While cooling down and before my shower, I had a spicy black bean burger on a Deli Round with sliced red onion, artichoke, sliced tomato, a sprinkling of shredded asiago and ketchup.

I reheated some chicken soup for Robin, with those pesky leftover noodles, and had some myself (a few gulps). I also had an apple, some watermelon and some canteloupe, which I shared with Oliver (he loves melon, go figure!).

We never did have an official dinner, what with Robin, Lauren and I off on various tangents, watching different shows and all. At one point, I took two end pieces of Challah and smeared some almond butter on one and some Nutella on another as a "snack." Later, I took two more and put some reheated brisket between them as a sandwich. And finally, while watching the ball game, I put two veggie sausages on the grill and eventually ate them when they were crisp enough to break.

All in all, not a very good day on the food front. But it sure could have been worse. During the game, towards the end, I wandered into the kitchen hoping to eat another slice of that chocolate mousse pie Robin made last week. My daughter apparently beat me to it, doing me a huge favor. I saw the cleaned pie plate in the drainboard and headed back to the TV, knowing I'd already eaten way more than enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment