278.5 pounds
___________________________________________________________
Objectives
- Week's End: 281.0 (pounds left: -2.5)
- Year's End: 193.5 (pounds left: 85.0)
___________________________________________________________
Woke up early and got into action
As I was falling asleep last night, I heard that it was going to be very cold over night—like in the 30's. Still, for some bizarre reason, we left the A/C on, if only on auto-thermostat mode, so it turned on and off, but mercifully stayed off most of the night.
Between stretching and exercising this morning, when I took Oliver out for his walk, it was really cold. It was just barely 40ยบ.
I've been watching "The Unbearable Lightness of Being" while I use the machines for the past several days. I'm somewhere near the end. It was always a favorite of mine but I'd forgotten what a truly great movie it is.
Anyway, it was a great relief to find that I had not gained any weight since yesterday; that the numbers on the scale were real was borne out by their reappearance this morning.
Breakfast
We still have a decent sized chunk of Challah bread in the kitchen so I thought it might be a good idea to turn it into French Toast. I'm going to look for some recipes and see if Robin and Alex want to similarly indulge when they awaken.
That was written very early this morning. As it turned out, in spite of her upcoming gall bladder surgery, Robin did try a piece of that wonderful, buttery stuff. I had three, though I shared a few parts of each with Oliver, who really, really enjoyed it.
Lunch
To counterbalance the awful crime of today's breakfast, lunch was yogurt with Cool Whip and a small piece of Challah and a spoonful of leftover mousse.
Dinner
Here, it seems, some bad decisions were made (like the French Toast was a good one!). After dropping Alex in Sunnyside, we met up with Larry and Shelley at the East Bay Diner down on the south shore. I ordered the Chilean Sea Bass. If that was all I had, it probably would have been fine. But the meal began with a cup of cream of turkey soup, which was quite delicious. Not sure the crackers were necessary. I also ate a few slices of nice warm bread and butter, some Melba toast, two breadsticks and—oh yeah—two little brownie squares while we were waiting for our table.
Salad came next. It was okay. The dressing sucked. I asked for French, but what I got looked more like Russian, which, while distinguished by a fine line, the line is loaded with fat. The fish was an enormous serving, a far cry from the little square I'm accustomed to seeing when ordering CSB. The vegetables were awful; a terrible sweet potato and a cold broccoli, both of which I pretty much left over.
Then there was dessert. Mississippi Mud Cake. The name is bad enough. The minute I was done eating, I wished I'd gone home and just had a yogurt. I guess the way the Yankees played today pushed me over the edge. That and the fact that I had so much work to do and there was so much good TV on tonight. Tomorrow, as Scarlett would say, is another day.
Wow!
ReplyDelete