Monday, September 28, 2009

Lowering my expectations a bit

323 days
281.5 pounds
___________________________________________________________
Objectives
  • Week's End: 280.0 (pounds left: 1.5)
  • Year's End: 193.5 (pounds left: 88.0)
___________________________________________________________
Beautiful, sunny and sleepy
This time I really slept in, until nearly 9:00am. I stretched a little and walked the dog. No change on the weigh in. Last week I flirted several times with numbers in the mid-270's but on balance, I gained a half pound from the week before. So this week, I'm not going to aim quite as low. I'll take it slow and see if I can just end this week lighter than the one just ending.

Some of that effort will be assisted by religious devotion, as today is Yom Kippur and there will be no eating of any kind here until after sundown, so I'll be back with the day's wrap up a little later.

And here it is...
A veritable post-fast pig-out. It began with orange juice, as it always does. Other liquids included two cups of coffee and several glasses of water. If only it had ended there! There was a bagel, with cream cheese and baked salmon. There was whitefish salad, nova, an onion pocket with cream cheese and nova. There was a french toast casserole, fruit, tuna salad, a pear crumble (because they all love me even more than they'd like to see me thin and healthy) and so much more. By the time I was done, I was wishing I was still fasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment